Perez Hilton's net worth is estimated at 30 million dollars. He, like many other people with an internet connection, constantly blogs about celebrities. But there is a difference: some people blog negative things about celebrities they've never met, write nasty comments on their posts, and make their opinion known to the internet-world. Perez Hilton, on the other hand, has met celebrities, befriended them, and has gotten famous for his crude sense of humor and distasteful harassment.
Not only did he prematurely state that Brittany Murphy died from an overdose (later announcing his condolences after the medical examiner released the cause of death: pnemonia), making fun of Amanda Bynes until she was admitted into an institution, and making fun of Lindsay Lohan's addictions. Let me remind you, these people are human beings.
Yes, celebrities get famous, which leads to public opinion being thrown in their face all the time. Did they ask for it? Some people say they deserve being surrounded by paparazzi, others feel like they deserve at least some privacy.
When we think about how much money Perez Hilton has made from drawing penises on women's faces, or spending hours tweeting them hate mail, the public has to wonder... Why are we supporting this man by visiting his vicious website?
We can read news articles on our favorite celebrities, and get more logical, fact based updates on them. What's the point of letting someone get 30 Million DOLLARS for harassing people that are touring, doing meet-and-greets, and have talent in one way or another?
There are videos of Ke$ha falling about from Hilton's vicious posts, Tyra Banks has told him to leave celebrity children alone, Kathy Griffin has spoken out against him, there is a completely insane, long-standing fued with former friend, Lady Gaga.
Perez Hilton is not a gossip columnist. He is walking the thin line of harassment, bullying, and "reporting."
HE VOWED to STOP BULLYING in 2010.... Did that happen?
Here are some MORE (but not ALL) proof of Perez's heartlessness after incidents, tragedies, and other events occured to celebrities:
- “He single-handedly ruined the only relationship that’s ever meant anything to me.” Ke$ha on his constant online attacks.
-Perez tweeting @Lady Gaga's father after she came forward with her addiction struggles.
- Lets not forget the fact that he has tweeted over 100 times about how much her career is failing. The star has only responded by asking her fans to not react to his negativity.
- He tweeted a consistent stream of claims against Miley Cyrus, which led to her response:
- You dont have to be a fan of any of these people to understand the damage this sort of constant negativity can do to a person.
- My point here is not to start bullying Perez Hilton, but maybe boycotting his "blog" will make him put his $30M were his mouth is, and stop harassing and bullying celebrities, and people in general.