STYLE MUNSTER

STYLE MUNSTER
Bones Couture // Style Munster

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Paul Lonardo- Fear Before Photography


As anyone can probably tell, Paul is my brother. So it might seem kind of funny to "interview" him, but I really think more people need to see his work. I always knew he painted, and was amazing at it, and then he became a tattoo artist, but when he told me he takes pictures I really didn't know what to expect. We climbed the stairs together and he whipped out his insanely large laptop and tiny cheap camera, and showed me some of the most beautiful photographs I have ever seen, and I'm not just saying that (we're brutally honest with each other). I hope you guys check out his site, Fear Before Photography and appreciate what he has to say. We can all be inspired by someone!


HERES THE INTERVIEW!
1. How long have you been interested in photography?

A) I have been interested in photography for quite a few years now. It started off on a trip to New York City , I had just purchased my first digital camera off a person on craigslist for 20 dollars a few days prior and really got into what I was doing. Soon I was taking my camera everywhere I went , taking pictures of anything interesting.

2. What quality does something have to have for you to photograph it?

A) There are quite a few different things that I look for as an individual. I mostly enjoy capturing people, places and moments that I feel are beautiful that are sometimes viewed as 'ugly' by society.

3. What keeps you inspired?
A) Inspiration to me comes from so many different things and by so different many people. Photography is a form of art and there are many painters and artist throughout history and in the present that continues to inspire me as an artist.

4. What would you like to come out of your photography business?

A) To have something to be really proud of, and to show people that you don't need expensive equipment to capture beautiful things.

5. How do you expect/want other people to see your pictures?

A) I would like people to take a moment and relate to or even be inspired by one of my images.

6. What other interests do you have, and will you ever incorporate them into your brand?

A) I have many other interests. I myself play bass guitar, am a tatoo artist, love music, adore the outdoors, can not live without art in so many different forms. I will always incoporate the places and things that interest me as a person.